The first week of each month I meet with my accountability group. I'm lucky to be a part of an awesome group of five other CPA's that are in similar growth stages, share common values, and they get where I'm taking my business. When we decided to form a group we set some basic ground rules:
- What happens in our Group stays in our Group
- We share our financials every month (how else will we know if someone is just blowing smoke)
- Each meeting is moderated so we have a format to follow and a time structure (1.5 hours)
- The moderator will bring a topic to each meeting and teach us something new and exciting
- We set goals. We defined our overall yearly goals (revenue, staff size, customer base, lifestyle, etc), as well as monthly goals. During each monthly meeting we must discuss what we accomplished, what we didn't, and why. It's a tough group. We definitely call each other out!
Why is this important? It is very easy to get sucked into the day to day operations of your business. If you've always got your nose in the actual work, how will you know when you're on the right track. Or better yet, when you're on the wrong track! Having someone hold you accountable will help you think through what you are trying to accomplish, set goals, reach goals, and provide moral support.
We offer the same service to our customers. If this sounds like something you need, let us know and we can schedule a chat to go over your thoughts, ideas, and questions. Our coaching and accountability sessions are one on one meetings where we focus solely on your business. We can help you determine where you are, where you want to be, and how to get there!