The Secrets Behind Improving Every Aspect Of Your Life
High Performance Habits By Brendon Burchard
How would your life change if you were consistently at your best? That’s one of the questions that Brendon answers in this book. And it is fascinating!
The answers come from studying millions of students and looking at the habits that set high achievers apart from others.
It goes beyond working hard and making smart decisions. It’s more about the habits that you need to have over the long-term, not only to be successful, but to also have a fulfilling life.
The three areas the book dives into are:
Why do some people succeed more quickly, and have long-term success?
Of successful people, why are some more happy while others are miserable?
What motivates people to reach for higher levels of success, and what habits and training help them improve?
Change Your Habits, Change Your Life.
The habits needed to not only be successful in one area of your life, but all areas, and to maintain that success over the long-term include:
- Seek Clarity. Get clear on what you want out of life. Focus on these things and don’t get distracted by other shiny objects.
- Generate Energy. This goes much deeper than being active and eating healthy (which are a big part too). You need to learn to maintain your energy levels throughout the day as you go from meeting to calls to emails to family time. These areas are called transitions. Mastering transitions will help you generate more energy!
- Brendon has great tips and exercises in the book on how to do this.
- Raise Necessity. Always knowing ‘why’ you’re doing something, why it’s important, and the difference you are making. When your why is at the forefront you are more likely to perform at a higher level.
- Increase Productivity. Know the outputs that matter. This isn’t about being busy. It’s about focusing on the outcomes that will make a difference and move the needle forward.
- Develop Influence. To be a high performer you must have an influence on others. Inspire your team to be more productive, lead others, and teach them to think smarter.
- Demonstrate Courage. In face of risk or hardships, high performers speak up for themselves, understand the struggle, and don’t get brought down by it. They work through fear by serving others.
Some of these habits seem like common sense, and others are a mere thought, but when you combine all six, and you master them, you’ll see amazing results.
I help solo and small law firms GROW by providing accounting and growth planning services that will take their business to the next level.
I promise you, working with a CPA can be much more exciting than crunching numbers and reviewing last year’s taxes. I look at the day-to-day of your business and help you find ways to perform better, grow bigger and generate revenue with greater ease.