We are a CPA firm dedicated to supporting small business clients by providing valuable services, innovative solutions, and personal attention. We are passionate about small business and want others who share that passion. We specialize in outsourced accounting, business coaching, and growth planning. We are currently hiring for a part-time accounting specialist to fill the role of maintaining our client accounting files.
Maintaining client accounting files includes:
- Updating client files on a weekly basis, including:
- Adding new bank transactions and categorizing them correctly
- Reconciling accounts- bank accounts, credit card accounts, merchant accounts, payroll accounts, note payable accounts
- Preparing monthly management reports and corresponding work papers
- Scheduling bill payments for accounts payable transactions
- Creating and sending invoices and statements
- Updating and designing spreadsheets
- Updating internal project management systems
- Other administrative duties (we're a small office so we all pitch in)
This position is for you if:
- You are available to work 20 hours per week, and potentially open to having your hours increase as your workload increases
- You are able to track time per firm standards. While we don't bill time to our clients we do measure time for internal benchmarking
- You enjoy learning new things. We have a core value of Continuous Learning. That means we want to be on the front-end of change in our industry. We think it's important to learn new things to benefit our clients and to better ourselves
- You are self-motivated and don't want to be micro-managed. You will be responsible for managing your time and meeting deadlines (#adulting)
- You are comfortable working in a paperless and cloud-based environment (i.e. tech savvy)
- Two years of QuickBooks experience
- Two years of Microsoft Office experience
Ready to apply?
If you're still reading this and think the position sounds like a good fit, send your resume to email@example.com
- Your cover letter should be the body of the email.
- Subject line should read- "I Want To Be Your Next Hire"
(Failure to do those things tells us you're not good with details... and accounting is all about the details)